Thursday, May 21, 2009

taking chances

i cannot call myself a free spirit nor a risk-taker. for all of the 25 summers of my insignificance, i have pretty much taken the path more certain. i cannot say it didn't do me any good, having made decisions which are far less life-changing than other people my age would have taken. you can call me a bore, but i know i find comfort in the thought of not disturbing the status quo or at least making sure that things are okay before immersing myself into something big. but then, we can never be sure of everything, perhaps anything for that matter. we can never be certain. there is nothing certain in this world but death and taxes, to borrow the words of mr franklin.

so what is this rambling all about?

let us just say that for the first time in my adult life, i am faced with a huge uncertainty, and as much as i would like to keep the optimism flowing, i really do not know where the road would take me, and it makes me scared. i know, this is all part of growing up, which is why a big part of me never really wanted to grow-up. then again, i have to deal with it.

i am a few minutes away from the path of taking chances. against all uncertainties, i remain hopeful, it will lead me to a better place. wish me luck...





No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you!