Saturday, May 30, 2009

i had a dream

i had a dream. i was about to hum a song by Abba as i typed away, until i realized, their song was "I have a dream" not "had" :-p i have been dreaming a lot the past few weeks (or may be i just remember a lot of them the past few weeks). i just read from wikipedia that an average person spends an accumulated six years of his/her life dreaming! dreams, they say, happen when we are in the REM phase of sleep, meaning that part which is still pretty close to wakefulness (mababaw na tulog). as i am no sleep or dreams expert, that is just the way i understand it. maybe lately, i have had a lot of mababaw na tulog.

last night, after a few sips of virgin mary, which i totally disliked (sidestory: i went to the SG-UP alumni association thing with my cousin who is here and two of my dearest friends, and as i don't really drink, i tried to be adventurous and picked out something i haven't tried [and that is most on what's on the list of drinks, hehe] and picked one under "mocktails". for those who do not know what virgin mary is made of (like me, until i had my first sip, hehe) i can only say, it tasted like burger puree, burger juice it is!

the only taste i liked was the tabasco and Worcestershire sauce in it. as it is a non-alcoholic drink, it is essentially tomato juice with all the other spices in a bloody mary drink [BM has a spike of vodka, of course you know that] still i had to google what they mix in with the tomato juice, maybe you'd think of a tomato-based ulam when you read it: hehe, here it goes: tomato juice, and usually other spices or flavorings such as Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, beef consomme or bouillon, horseradish, celery, olive, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and celery salt.)

sabi nga nila, sana ay nagdala ako ng kanin at baka natuwa pa ako hehe. anyway, ok na yun, i actually wished i bought nachos to go with that crazy mix of a drink

now that is too much of a sidestory eh? hehehe

the main story is really short:

i saw a small shiny neon green frog in my dream last night, so i had to look up what it meant. i was hoping it actually signifies something good, but then, we can always choose what we believe in, hehe, and i prefer to stick with mr brightside

so here's a couple of interpretations which i got from the web:

"Frog

Old dream interpretation books say that frogs are a good omens and represent happiness and great friendships. From a more modern point of view, frogs may be considered symbols of the unconscious because they live in the water. Frogs also represent transformation of the positive kind." source

"Frog

To see a frog in your dream, represents a potential for change or something unexpected. The frog may be a prince in disguise and thus, signify transformation. Alternatively, the frog symbolizes uncleanness, fertility, or rebirth.

To see frogs leaping in your dream, indicate your lack of commitment. You have a tendency to jump from one thing to another. Alternatively, it may suggest that you are taking major steps toward some goal. It parallels your progress." source

***

in closing, here me sing Abba :-p i hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!


I have a dream - Abba

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
Ill cross the stream - I have a dream

I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness still another mile
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
Ill cross the stream - I have a dream
Ill cross the stream - I have a dream

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
Ill cross the stream - I have a dream
Ill cross the stream - I have a dream



No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you!