Wednesday, October 24, 2007

losing weight


there is diet. exercise and diet. exercise. pills. slimming tea. fat-burning concoctions.then there's liposuction. a pool of consumer products and services target the weight-obsessed market. although i refuse to be labelled weight-obsessed, i'm keen on keeping my weight down, largely because, ang hirap buhatin ng sarili ko, .











my appetite is not what you would consider humongous, i seldom get second-helpings, only when mama cooks her famous adobo, hehe, it's bad for the control-you-appetite-scheme when she cooks it every week, no one can resist her adobo, otherwise, you can eat it all the days of your life, hehe. my metabolism seems to be the problem. i burn the calories slowly. i lack physical activity, and although i dissent that my dislike for sleeping has anything to do with my slow metabolism, my mother tells me, it can affect my metabolic activities too.

bmi-wise (body mass index), i still have the normal weight. but then i miss feeling lightweight. i seem to have advanced several divisions from lightweight faster than i thought. may be it comes with age, and i don't even have skinny genes on my side . while i am at it, support groups are very much welcome.

what's all the fuss with losing weight? it is not really about conforming to the common social standard that to be thin/slim is beautiful. (remember the dove campaign for real beauty? ) besides, i am the last person who would concern herself with beauty matters. I am after feeling good, more than looking wow! hehe.

simultaneous with physically losing weight, i have a lot to work on another kind of losing weight. it's time for an emotional makeover. i have scheduled an indefinite period of emotional detox program, free from useless worries and embrace freedom with a much needed release from frustrations. between these two kinds of weight-loss, the latter would certainly give me the feeling wow! i have always wanted. again, support groups are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you!